Become a PHOTO 2022 Volunteer
We are recruiting a team of dedicated volunteers to help bring the PHOTO 2022 Festival to life!
From assisting with launch events to the Photobook Weekend, PHOTO 2022 volunteers will gain practical insights into event and production management, and will have the opportunity to experience firsthand and contribute to our exciting Festival program.
What to Expect as a Volunteer
Volunteers will be rostered on 3-4 hour shifts during 28 April – 22 May 2022. Volunteers are required to contribute a minimum of two shifts during the Festival. Shifts will be available on weekdays, weekends, day and evenings, and can fit around other study or work commitments.
Our volunteers will be assigned to support different Festival events including:
· PHOTO 2022 Launch
· PHOTO 2022 Public Launch and Welcome to Country
· PHOTO Live talks at ACMI
· Walking Tours
· Photobook Weekend
Duties may include:
· Front of House duties including checking tickets, advising visitors of Covid Safe guidelines and providing information about the Event.
· Assisting with back of house e.g. providing speakers with information, advising call times, assisting with the setup of equipment
· Documenting events and collecting anecdotal feedback from visitors and guests
· Event set up and pack down of furniture, art and equipment
· Invigilating gallery and other spaces
· Handling sales of PHOTO material
Festival volunteers need to be:
· Aged 18 and above
· Available to volunteer 8+ hours during the Festival dates
· Confident, flexible and reliable
· Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Available to attend the volunteer online briefing
Volunteers will be supported in their role by PHOTO 2022 staff and will receive an official PHOTO 2022 Volunteers T-shirt.
How to Apply
Volunteer registrations for PHOTO 2022 are now open. Please complete this online registration form by 5pm on 10 April 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com